Our Application Process (Step 1)
Welcome! Your safety is a top concern of ours. To that end, we have a thorough screening process.
If you meet the application criteria and are accepted, you will have the peace of mind of knowing that your neighbors at Rooftop 252 are being screened with equal care.
Please review the following. If you feel you meet the criteria, please apply! We’d love to have you be among the first to experience everything we have to offer. Please contact us If you have any questions or concerns.
Please note that we provide Equal Housing Opportunity: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, national origin, familial status, marital status, age, sexual preference, or source of income.
Applicant Screening Criteria
18 years of age or older.
Each adult must complete an application. If a line isn’t filled in (or the omission is not explained satisfactorily), we will return it to you.
Rental history is verified from unbiased sources. If you are related by blood or marriage to a previous landlord listed, or your rental history does not include at least two previous landlords, we may require a qualified co-signer on your lease (qualified co-signers must meet applicant screening criteria).
You must provide us the necessary landlord contact information. We reserve the right to deny your application if, after making a good faith effort, we are unable to verify your rental history.
If you owned your previous home, you will need to furnish mortgage company references.
Sufficient income / resources required. If the combination of your monthly personal debt, utility costs, and rent payments exceed 80% of you monthly income before taxes, your application will be denied.
Income must be verifiable through pay stubs, employer contact, or tax records. All other income, including self employment, must be verifiable through tax records.
- Repeated disturbance of neighbors’ peaceful enjoyment of the area.
- Reports of gambling, prostitution, drug dealing or drug manufacturing.
- Damage to the property beyond normal wear.
- Reports of violence or threats to landlords or neighbors.
- Allowing persons not on the lease to reside on the premises.
- Failure to give legal notice when vacating the property.
Reasons For Denial
- lying or misrepresenting any information on the application. If misrepresentations are found after a rental agreement is signed, your rental agreement will be terminated.
- Conviction of the manufacturing or distribution of a controlled substance *
- Felonies, burglaries, threats or 5th degree assaults *
- Evicted with a court order, or any judgment against you for financial delinquency *
- Conviction for any type of crime that would be considered a threat to real property or to other residents’ peaceful enjoyment of the premises. *
- Previous landlords report significant complaint levels of noncompliance activity, including but not limited to:
- Previous landlords who would not rent to you again for any reason. Especially pertaining to the behavior of yourself, your pets, or others allowed on the property during your tenancy.
- A credit check showing accounts that are not current. Occasional credit records showing payments within 30 to 60 days past due could be acceptable, provided you can justify the circumstances. Records showing payments past 90 days are not acceptable. *
- Any unpaid collections in the last five years. If your credit check shows collections owed fewer than two thousand dollars we may accept you with a co-signer. You will be denied if the balance owed is over two thousand dollars.
*Any occurrence more than 8 years prior may be acceptable with management review.
*Unpaid medical debt or student loans, may be acceptable with management review.
*You are always allowed to apply, but the reasons listed above are grounds for denial.
You are one step closer to a beautiful apartment